Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 Doorphone can't out-dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

km2601

Technical User
Mar 4, 2008
CA
I have a BCM 450 6.0 with latest SU-15 running 4 door phones. The door phones target a digital set on a security desk which works fine.
The digital set uses find-me-follow me to a cell phone set to "Always" This also works good!
Problem is that when a door phone is activated the find me follow me rings the cell phone but as soon as the cell or any other phone is answered the call is dropped. I have tried this using plain old ext call forward, same result.
Digital set calling digital set works just fine but when a doorphone comes in play it seems any outbound transfer will drop once the remote phone is answered. (I should mention we are using a PRI)

Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you

I had this issue when trying to use hunt groups and I think I determined the door phone times out.
If this is true then an analog phone would be best since you can use a trunk port.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks curlycord,
I find it strange that a normal digital set can call the target phone and the call gets sent out and answered by a cell and carry on a normal conversation. But when the door phone calls the target the call gets disconnected as soon as it is answered.
It is on a PRI so I am going to turn on the monitor and try to see what is disconnecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back