Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 change DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
Can anyone tell me if there is a differene between Change DN and just clicking on the extension in element manager and changing the extension number manually.
I have a BCM 450 and I had multiple user move when I enabled Set Relocation. When Set relocation was enabled someone later came along and just changed the DN by double clicking the extension and puting the new extension in. Basically two extensions were swapped using this method.
Now, when you check with Feature *0 the extensions are as we want them but when you call through the auto attendant they do not route correctly. If you call internally it seems to ring the extension but not through the auto attendant. The Call pilot seems to be sending the calls to the incorrect voicemails (it is like the two that swapped are still going to the old voicemail)I deleted both voicemail boxes and re-added one but it still does not work correctly.
I havent restarted the system yet as thre is not much room for downtime. This may fix it but is there anything else where the extensions could still be confused in the call pilot?
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That fixed one issue. The telephone rang at the correct extension but the voicemail still wouldnt pickup without putting the alternate extension of the other phone. A reset fixed the issue luckily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back