Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 Call Center - Distribute rings 1 ring then back to greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycew

Programmer
Nov 1, 2011
US
I have a customer with a BCM Call Center and when the clients call in sometimes while they are listening to on hold music or greeting, they will hear 1 ring or 1/2 ring thinking they are getting an agent but then it goes back to greeting. Is there any way to stop it from doing this????

It could be an agent has become free and call is presented to the agent.
If the agent the hits there not ready button then they will be returned to the call queue
The agents should have a wrap up timer after the call.
maybe extend this if they can't handle the next call.

I think you are right and this is what I have told customer. They swear their agents are not doing this....I have always thought that distribute time is when the greeting is finished and the system will look at the distribute time ie. 20 secs - if no one is available they would hear on hold, if someone becomes available they will hear ringing so if they hear 1/2 to 1 ring, it means agent was available for short time then made self not ready????
Do you know of any other possibility this may be happening???? Been going on for months and customer blaming BCM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back