Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 6.0 REPLACED BCM 3.7 INFORMATION GREETING LOW VOLUME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquename4me

Technical User
Oct 31, 2013
CA
I just replaced an older BCM1000 3.7 with a BCM450 6.0 and although everything works fine, the customer has complained about low volume when he re-records the information mailbox(es) from outside? Nothing has changed with respect to the hardware modules as I put his existing CTM4's and DSM32 modules into the new platform. When you do call in and listen to the recordings that I ported over from the original platform, they have punch, but the information messages accessed by the callers via the CCR tree do seem to be weak with a lot of punch (volume)?? I'm going to try calling in on a SIP trunk that I have connected to see if that shows a difference in volume treatment, but haven't done the programming for that yet. I'll let you know what I found out. I'm just wondering if I might have to change out the older front jacked CTM4's for a GTM8 or something like that to resolve the issue?
Any ideas?

Well, after having tried all sorts of settings, I've come to the conclusion that it must be that the (really) old CTM4's with the jacks in the front don't have any ability to alter the volume or line settings. I've tried all sorts of short CO, long CO, short PBX, long PBX and I'd really like to know what the heck "line tuning digit" is used for? I've even tried re-booting to see if that initiates some kind of change or upload to the module as I've seen with other modules on reboot.
I'm thinking from here, I'm going to try replacing these modules with a GATM8 and see if maybe the volume would be corrected. Recording the info mailbox from a IP Set off prem or phoning into the SIP trunks seems to give a stronger volume recording than the regular analog phone lines. If that doesn't resolve it, the last resort would be to do a backup and restore to another 450 and see what results come from that experiment.

Replaced it with the GATM8 and it made it a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back