Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 6.0 KIM/CAP assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

hall5942

Vendor
May 7, 2002
US
I have a BCM 450 that has 2 T7316E phones with 4 KIM's plugged into each phone. The KIM's are working fine since I programmed them at the phone. The problem is that the IT guy wants to program through Element Manager. In Element Manager when you go to Sets-->Active Sets-->Capabilities and Preferences-->CAP/KIM button programming it is all greyed out with nothing in it. Both phones are assigned to the CAP/KIM assignment in Global Settings. I have removed the KIM device and rebooted just the phone, hooked the KIM's backup and rebooted and still nothing. I hooked only 1 KIM at a time and it showed up to 72 buttons but when I added the 4th it cleared it out. It did the same on both phones.

Any Ideas?

You need to use an auxiliary power supply if you have 5 or more KIM's. Even though 4 KIM's should work, I wonder if this problem could be power related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back