Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I have a BCM 400 3.7 which i will probably be upgrading to 4.0. It currently has 1 DTI card, 4 DSM 32 cards and 1 GATM 8 card. Can i remove the the GATM 8 and add another DSM 32. This would use all my busses and bring my digital phones up to 160. I just am not sure if the BCM can handle 5 DSM 32's

Yes, you can do that but that's a lot of phones for 1 PRI.

Yeah I hear ya about the PRI. They want to try it. Most likely will have to upgrade to a 450 eventually.
I knew it sounded logical that you could add 5 DSM 32's but i thought i remember reading about power consumption.

It will work but don't forget to change the MSC configuration from PDD to FDD(Full double density). As i recall it takes about 15 minutes(did it 4 years ago..)

Here's the notes C&P from Nortel Docs;

Double density: If a DS30 bus is set to double density, a second level of DNs and ports
become available, allowing 32 digital or analog telephones on a DS30 bus. On a default
system, bus 06 and 07 are set to Partial Double Density (PDD), and only the first level is
available to digital telephones. The second level remains designated as B2 channels, which
allows the legacy Companion system to still be used on these two bus blocks. When the
system is set to Full Double Density, then all DS30 bus blocks have 32 B1 channels.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back