Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcs226

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
US
Hello All

I am at an old customer of mine that put in a BCM400 3.7 from another vendor. The plant was shut down for almost 2 years and we are starting it back up now. The problem is that the people that are at the plant now do not know any of the user names or passwords and we have not been able to get hold of any of the old staff. Any suggestions Please.

Thanks, Chris

I've not ever tried it on a BCM, but you might do the Feature **Startup on it after you've powered it off and back on again. This will reset all of the programming to default but, and again I apologize for my lack of memory, you still might have to put in the password in order to do this. Try it and see if it works on a BCM. I know it does on a Norstar but I keep wanting to say you still have to have the admin password to do it. Just throwing it out there though.

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

Use the setup wizard via unified mgr. It'll help default the system.

don't you need to login to go to the set-up wizard

Best bet is to reimage the drive..

If its not broke tweak it..

Re-image the drive is the response I am getting from most people I have talked to. Since I am primarily a MICS guy, how do I go about re-imaging the system to start over.

If you don't have the BIT image tool, ordering a 3.7 replacement hard drive would be the easier solution.
You install the new drive, change the date to 01-01-2008 and do the initialization then you're good to go with the default username/password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back