Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 + Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx1

Programmer
Apr 28, 2005
CA
I have an upcoming install to install a BCM w/ vmail, 12 analog lines, 37 digital sets and about 30 wireless sets (using Spectra Link).

Can I still use the 2/6 split or should I use 3/5?

I still have to read up on what I need to do on the BCM side to make it ready for the wireless, so I could be asking a stupid question.

The omly Spectra Link I put in was analog interface so I would guess if it's still the same I would use the 2/6.

I used the 3/5 split due to "Watch Dog timeout" errors occurring on the wireless sets, this seemed to resolve our problems..

Ibiza:

I noticed this after I cut the system over using the 2/6 split. If I do a back up can I change to a 3/5 split and download my back up back to the BCM?

I've also had issues of trying to register 3 wireless DNs. The system says they're already assigned when they're not as they don't appear in the IP telephony Nortel terminal list. Is this a result of not using the 3/5 split.

Unless you are installing alot of IP sets and resources, I would stick with a 3/5 split. The 2/6 split is for a system with all IP applications (I do mean alot of them).

For 90% of installs, the 3/5 split will suffice nicely.

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

skippy440 - you've got it backwards.

2/6 is for a mostly TDM system - 2 DS-30 loops go to the IP/applications side of the BCM, six go to TDM. 3/5 is 3 loops to IP, 5 to TDM, increasing the number of potential IP sets/trunks.

2/6 is the system default.

I went to the customer site at 6am and did a reboot as this was the only time I was allowed to take the system down. This cleared the problem of registering the wlan sets. Also had to disable vmail as it stole a Dn that was to be given to a wlan set.

Left system as a 2/6 split. Told less than 50 IP sets w/ 37 digital should be ok. Checked BCM Monitor stats and nothing maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back