Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 voice mail 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1STShirt

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
I had a problem yesterday and am curious if anyone has seen it or heard of it. The voice mail in a BCM 400 quit working internally. If you called the voice mail DN or did a feature 981, the call would go to dead air. If I dialed into the system from the outside, it would go to the auto attendant and then to the voice mail system. If the user dialed into their extension from the outside they could access their voice mail, but from the outside only. Any ideas?

Use the BCM Monitor (TAB Voice Ports) and make test call to see what ports the calls come in on, you may have a bad port.

Had a similiar problem on a 3.7. It started w/ the CP erasing itself within 12hrs of restoring the pgm info. I then checked the BFT for bad caps and replaced. After that, when I tried F981, I'd get dead air then get disconnected. If I called the vmail pilot same thing. I wound up replacing the MSC (was on Nortel's bulletin) and the HD. Brought HD back to the lab and found some key files were missing.

Hope this helps somewhat.

For the record, The main hard drive was corrupted and the BCM failed to switch over to the redundant one. This was a new install(in the last 35 days) and nortel considered it an out of box failure.

I have what appears to be a strange situation. We have a CSE 1000 at headquarters and BCMs in the field offices. We use IP trunking to call the field offices. This has been working fine with 4 digits to identify the extension. When someone from any location calls to the MidWest Office, the calls go direct to Voice Mail. Calls coming in via PSTN are handled properly. I plan to reboot the BCM this evening but was wondering if anyone knows what could cause this problem, in case the reboot does not fix it. It is a BCM 400 with software 3.7.
Thanks,

You should start your own thread, not highjack someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back