Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 v4 Call Pilot times

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzobi

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
ZA
Hi, I have a Call Pilot on a BCM v4. At present the set up is as follows.

Main number calls the switchboard (extn 800)
Between 8am-1pm and 2pm-5pm if call is not answered after 4 rings it goes to auto attendant and caller receives message to say that operator is busy please hold the line.
Between 1pm-2pm callers receive a message offering options to various depts eg press 1 for sales, 2 for service etc.
The issue i have is that the operator has 15min morning and afternoon breaks. During these breaks I have to manually change the settings so that the 'lunch' message is played.

Bearing in mind that the operator does not have her breaks at exactly the same time every day this is becoming a bit much. Could I set up her phone so that she can press a button so that when she has her break it sets it to lunch message. I did suggest that they had the 'lunch option set all day but they were not keen on this. Any suggestion would be greatfully received.
Many Thanks

Enzobi, I haven't played around with service DNs much, but ypu might be able to set one up to route to the lunch ccr tree, or to a new tree that is a copy of it. Then all she would have to do would be forward her set to the SDN when she goes on break.

Thanks oldestgeek. Sounds like a good idea. However, I have looked but cannot see how to do what you are suggesting. I'm ok with setting up a ccr tree but not sure how you set up an SDN that forwards to the ccr tree.Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

It's been awhile since I last did this so I'd have to get back into the lab and work out the steps. I do remember it was just a few steps. Meanwhile, you should find instructions in the Call Pilot Manager Admin guide that can be found on the home page of the BCM. Just open a browser to the BCM IP address, select documentation, then Administrator Documentation. Good luck.

Hi oldest geek. Did you get time to try this in the lab? I couldn't find it in the Admin guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back