Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Square Template (R3.7) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneFreak

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2007
US
HELP!

Like Lexcomnt's previous thread, I have a group that insists on having a square-key template now that they have moved. But the solutions put forth in the previous thread won't help me, as they will now be using the system in a shared tenant environment. Because it's set as PBX now, Line 091 appears on ALL phones...Even the phones of other tenants, which is unacceptable.

How do I "wipe" this blasted thing and reformat it as a square system? Is this process easier with 4.0 software? If so, how hard is the upgrade process?

Oh how I miss the ICS Days. This BCM Beast is a royal pain! This is what I get for offering to help a "friend". No good deed goes unpunished, Right?

Rather than wipe the whole system and start over, why not just unassign the unneeded lines from the other tenant phones? No point in redoing everything in my opinion.

Are you trying to use a telephone to interface with the BCM or are you usin UM?

There's nothing wrong with the BCM, it's the Programer.

I do not understand why somebody would want to go back to the square template!

Jaco235

I'm not able to unassign the unneeded line. That's the problem. They are "Hard Programmed" as part of the PBX Template. There is No Way in the programming (that I've found anyway) to remove them.

I would LOVE to not have to wipe the system and start over. If there's is a way to unassign that line from the other tenant's phone, please tell me.

BTW - It's actually 093 that's assigned. the 3rd line of the hunt group. And I'm using the Utility Mgr.

Jaco235 -
"I do not understand why somebody would want to go back to the square template!"

The reason why is that one of the tenant's is a campaign office for a US Congressman. Federal Election Laws MANDATE that they be completely segregated and billed. So even a common attendant and general delivery mailbox are a problem in this scenario.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

And this is a weird one. The REAL problem was that I was unable to access line assignment through "services", so I was trying to use a template from the previous owner.

The reason I couldn't access line assignment is that there is a glitch in the newest version JAVA! So, if you go to "services, telephony" and the only option is "backup/restore", then uninstall JAVA and install and older version.

Hat tip to my buddies at Ameritech/SBC/AT&T who helped me figure this out.

See Ace, This programmer ain't so dumb after all. Just mighty unfamiliar with BCM. If I EVER see one again it will be too soon! lol

Hate to say it, but the JAVA issue has been discussed numerous times here. Had you mentioned anything about the Services issue, that would have been pointed out by about 10 people...

Good to know that you solved your problem, though. Thanks for posting the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back