Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Redundancy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmalachi

MIS
Sep 3, 2008
US
Could someone tell me what my company needs in case te drive on our BCM goes down. We want it so that if the drive goes down a mirror drive will just pickup and everything will continue to run. any suggestion are appreciated.

You can buy a kit that will add HDD and Power supply redudndancy. Takes about 2 hours to do and mirror the drives. Also adds an extra fan. It allows for hot swapping of power supplies.

Adversity is Opportunity

thanks for the reply.. You wouldn't happen to know how much these cost. I've been searching for this kit but can;t seem to find it

Prices I'm not good at. But, I got a nice commission on one, because I suggested it to the customer. Based on that, I'll guess 3 to 4k. Just a guess, mind you.

Adversity is Opportunity

NTAB3418E5 is the RAID kit. Comes with the extra drive and the RAID controller.

NTAB3420E5 is the redundant power supply/fan kit.

Price will be somewhere in the $1500-1600, each, depending on where you buy them from.

IMHO ...
The RAID is useless and overpriced.
It's just a mirror drive.
If the primary drive becomes corrupted, so does the mirror.
It's only useful if the primary drive completely fails.

-SD-

Also, the redundant powersuply is even worse as it only has one power input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back