Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Problem with Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanJM

Technical User
May 7, 2009
US
I have a BCM 400 that, since Feb '09 has been having continuing problems with viewing reports. I get it fixed, a short time later some other Windows update comes out and the whole thing breaks again. The "fix" I have been told is to isolate the PC reports generate from so it is not on the network and to then turn off automatic updates. This is not an option for me.

Can anyone tell me if there are third party reporting software options out there that will not break (or has not broken) every time a new Windows update comes out? Is anyone using such a program they find useful and stable?

Thanks

This doesn't make sense. You ARE willing to spend thousands of dollars on a new software package, but not a couple hundred on a new PC?

To answer the first question, the problem is that when I try to view reports, a new window opens, just as it does when the report queue is coming up, but nothing apears in the window and it just hangs, eventually timing out.

For the second question, the PC itself is not the problem; we actually have replaced it and had the same result. That said, I personally don't think a third party software solution is the way to go, but I was asked to investigate that route, and even though I am not excited about it, I will still put an honest effort into it if for not other reason, so that I don't have to answer questions about it again to management.

do you have problems with Real Time or Historical reports or boths

When you open report window what you see in the bottom left of screen:Red or green connection status?

From Web host Pc (RCC) ping to BCM and viceversa, do you see
response from...

Check Contac Center Properties:
Enable CC Reporter Data Stream box Must Be checked

These are some issues to begin...

I have the same trouble, I use reporting on 32 sites, and if one windows box accedently gets updated, I have the same trouble. My vendor tells me not to let them update, wich you say isnt an option for you. I cant even back the updates out and make it work, I have to reload the box and reinstall reporting to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back