Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Prime Set Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkster

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2003
US
So our receptionist phone used to be and IP phone at extension 3400 which was on an IP port and had the lines assigned to it which was actually 3611 extension. We where having issues with the phone so we decided to move it back to the port 201 which was first port the sets and was the original 3400 dn. But ever since then we have had issues, no matter what it still thinks that 3611 is prime set and it moves all the lines to 3611 dn and assign pub and priv oli to 3400, so now when someone zero's out from voicemail it says operator not available. And 3400 dn is assigned priv & pub oli of 3611 and it is on port 326 instead of 201. No matter what we do if I remove it all and change it the way it needs to be it reverts back. We have searched everywhere trying to find somewhere that it is thinking that 3611 is prime set? I want to say when we initially connected the ip phone and configured it for prime set it asked us something about that on phone and now it is stuck thinking that 3611 is prime set. We have changed it on all line assignments and it just reverts back. Any help would be appreciated on trying to fix this. Thanks

If you are using a mixture of IP and wired digital sets, then check that the extension set relocation isn't on.

I would log into the BCM and look against all DN's to see what is programmed and then to go to the active sets. It's just a case of changing the line assignments.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back