Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 PRI Dropping calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeledataInAZ

Technical User
Oct 12, 2006
US
I have a customer with a BCM 400 r3.7. Just recently the T1 card is going into free run and dropping the circuit. Then eventually synchs back up and works. I have replaced the T1 card and the telephone company has tested the circuit and is pointing the problem at us. This problem seems to start around 815 every day. Sometimes when the BCM is rebooted the problem will go away for the day but then begins again in the morning. I'm not sure what I can really check in programming, its been running for years and the problem just began. Any ideas? TIA

make sure system is patched up and then have telco come to site and do a proper end io end test for at least 30min

I had the exact same problem on a 3.7. I upgraded to 4.0 and it worked for a few weeks and then reappeared. Telco replaced the smart jack, installed a new circuit, I replaced the PRI MBM and cable and it still came back. The system was patched and the t1 ran error-free until the the trouble would come back. I eventually replaced the system with a BCM450 and haven't had any trouble with it in nearly two years. I honestly believe it was a power supply, bus, or mainboard problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back