Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Outbound Calls Gets Busy Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegenerallee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
I have a BCM 400 at a remote site that is able to receive calls perfectly fine but when they try to make calls out, they get a busy signal with the exception of three other sites that are considered remote like themselves. So basically calls going to headquarters are the ones failing. Some have also notified me that when trying to call the extension for the voicemail system (or being forwarded to voicemail when calling someone's extension) they just get dead air. The voicemail issue doesn't seem to affect everyone, just some.

A note that I'm sure will get some "well that makes sense" responses, we did just upgrade from a CS1000 release 3 system to an Avaya 7.5 system. I've updated all the gatekeeper details and all of the other remote sites can call us fine. It's just this one location that's having the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to capture some packets with Wireshark to figure out what's going on here.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back