Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 MBM dip switch settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

circlejs

Technical User
Jan 31, 2009
US
Hi, I have a BCM400 3.7 with 2 modules so far. 4X16 and a DSM16+. What would be the appropriate dip switch settings for the modules? I will be adding an ASM8 module in the near future to this system. I would just like to get the system up and running.

Thanks for any help.

I can give you the MBM number, but someone will have the dipswitch. I'd put the 4X16 in MBM 2 and start my template 16 DNs in front of my actual true Start DN. The lines always take the first slot on those Combo cards. This will allow you to add DNs in slot 3, and have them be sequential.

"Adversity is Opportunity

If you have a BCM there is documentation on the main page then go to th I&M and serch switch settings. You have to know also what the Mods in the switch are set for.

This isn´t the most efficient configuation but going to work flawless, you can use this:

Remember: 1=ON 0=OFF

4X16: BUS 7+6 1111 010
DSM16+: BUS 2 1111 111
ASM8: BUS 3 1111 011

Thanks,

I set the 4X16 to 1 1 1 0 1 1 and the lines went to 91-94 and the DN started at 365
I set the DSM16+ to all ones like you stated and that put the DN starting at 221

Havent installed the ATM8 yet.

I have used the Unified Manager to shut the system down and it goes to 100% and states it is safe to turn off. I was thinking the system shut down and the LEDs went out the first time I done this. The past couple of times the leds were blinking together and this very last time they stayed on as if it was still up and running. Often times I try to log into the Unified Manager and it states in Progress but never does anything. Any ideas?

Firstly, just pull the plug to shut it off, and the lights will go out. When it comes up all the way, all the lights, but the hardrive should be solid. I wouldn't have configured it your way, but at 3.7 you've got the Renumber Wizard to fix it. Plus, you never use Bus 7, unless you have to.

Your issue might be your Java, what version have you?

i've found that if you leave the browser open after you disconnect from the bcm you can't get back in till you shutdown the browser and start it again ,also on the older 3.7
you need the older java or else you will not see the telephony section (form some reason)

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

Hi, I figured turning the system off without doing a shutdown would corrupt the HD. I was thinking the switch settings would put the 4X16 on bus 6. I have the latest version of Java on my Visa PC which has allowed me to log in before w/o telephony section. I have been playing around with downgrading Java on a XP PC. What version do you recommend?

Thanks

Pulling plug will not hurt it.

Yes, your Lines are on 6, but your 16 stations are on 7.

i have trouble with jave above 1.5

i use java 1.5 and have no trouble at all with the bcm 3.7

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back