Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Losing programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I have a customer with a BCM 400 4.0 with the latest System 20 patch installed. The following issue has happened twice now since March. When there is a power outage and the UPS eventually dies, programming on the system is changed. Peoples DID's are pointing to the wrong extensions and some extension numbers are changed. Any Ideas?

Does your system do regular internal & external backups?. I would make sure that the internal one is done once a week if possible.

System update patch 20 is OK to have, just avoid installing the latest issue 21!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Have a similar problem with a 400 3.7 when power fails. However we noticed that on each of our power failures the voltage returned temporarily then failed again before the BCM could properly complete a boot.

We have made multiple backups and installed new batteries in the backup unit. Just preventative measures though...

I had this problem with nortel 8x24. I had to take out the application card and remove and re-solder on new capacitors. These capacitors would hold a charge and allow the configuration to be retained when power is removed. I guess they go bad when the system ages. Perhaps your system has a similar config. Contact a good nortel vendor and ask them. I called up one, and they set me up with exactly what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back