Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Hunt Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobberirl

MIS
Mar 23, 2001
IE
Hi Guys,

I am new to using a BCM 400. I am having a problem setting up a hunt group. I have my two DN's added as members to Hunt Group 02 but the hunting will not work. Is there something else I need to enable?

Thanks

John

How is it set? Broadcast, rotary, linear? Broadcast rings both phones at once. Rotary rings one phone, if that phone answers, the next call goes to the second phone. Linear tries phone 1 for X rings, then rings phone 2.

If this HG is meant to answer incoming calls, you need to assign lines to it as well.

You can try ringing service for that line and send the ring to the other extention.

Hi Guys,

I added the two phones to the Hunt group. I had already checked both phones Line Assignments under Active Set DNs and I added both these numbers under Line Assignment in their Hunt Group. The Hunt Group mode is set to Linear, Hunt Delay of 4, If Busy is set to Busy tone, Queue timeout is 60. Is their anything jumping out that I'm missing?

Regards

John

I don't know if this also applies to the BCM400 but it does on the BCM50. If you program a set to be part of the hunt group, the outside lines CANNOT appear on that set of the hunt group does not work. Remove the line appearences fdrom the phone. After several hours of testing, and finally a call to ITAS they admit it does not work like the MICS hunt group. Hope this helps.

Also found that if Tranfer Call Back is set low it will effect the hunt .Set it high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back