Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 forwards to BCM 50 Across WAN, but call FWD of remote DN will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenherder

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
CA
Hello, we have a BCM 400 and a BCM 50 appx 4KM away and linked with a wireless bridge. We can dial the other extensions and trasfer across fine. Let's call the BCM 400 site A and BCM 50 Site B. Site B has 3 IP extensions that are Active and forwarding to 800 numbers of our remote locations. People from Site A would get a call for a remote terminal, and transfer the call to the extension at site B, that would then forward it to the 800 number. Now, when a call is transfered from A to B, reception at B rings.

Any ideas on how to resolve and why this happened over night?

Thanks
Matt

More info. 2 weeks ago I was in the Call Pilot Manager working with someone to redo our prompts. While I was waiting I was looking around. I wonder if I disabled something by accident. Is there any security setting in Call Pilot that would put another site's transfer to switchboard instead of allowing the system to dial the number set to forward to?
I know there is security to prevent dialing out as people hack systems and call over seas and pass out the number. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Yes, I am assuming so because Dispatch was transfering the calls for over a year and I just starting getting complaints now.
I would restore the config (we do weekly to USB) but we just recorded all new prompts and that would be lost.

Matt

No centralised VM. Each location is seperate. One is 5XXX the other is 6XXX. Right now the 5XXX cannot transfer the inbound call to the 6XXX that would then forward out of the 6XXX system. If you call the 6XXX directly from a land line and get the AA, the 6XXX extension will forward. There must be an outbound transfer setting from the AA I am missing. The outbound transfer from the Mailbox for message notification works fine.

Matt

Anyone?

I seem to be able to call a forwarded extension from one location, but I cannot call it from the other, it just rings reception. The control phone.

Matt

The plot thickens, if the redirect number is not a toll free number, the forward will work, if it is an 800 number, it will fail.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back