Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Customers can hear themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiden

Vendor
Dec 27, 2006
US
Have recently installed two BCM 400. Release 4.0.2.03. Both with PRI's. Each has had problems where callers in office can hear themselves and get echo. Any Ideas?

We need way more info. Have you heard it?, How often?, are providers the same? Show us you did some troubleshooting and let us in on what you learned.

Adversity is Opportunity

What type of sets?

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

I haven't experienced myself. Has been sporadic. Different Carriers for both. One has M7310 where replaced Norstar. Other is new install with T7316E. One with M7310 has only one set that we've received complatint. New install left E-mail saying a "Couple of Sets" I'll be out Thursday to provide better detail. Thought there might be something that was outstanding anyone knew about.

does this also occur when calling internally (extension to extension)

I am having the same trouble, I get an echo on calls, it is intermitent, I can reproduce the trouble, It seems to happen on specific Channels on the PRI, but not all the time, the phones are a mixture of m7310's and m7324,s sometimes if you lower the volume on the phone while the call is in progress it goes away and sometimes it does not. The carrier tested the circuit and they can not find a problem, I changed the DTM and that did not make it go away.

Sounds like a bouncing T1. I would call the LEC and get them to test it with you.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

What in the heck is a bouncing T1? never heard that one before.

I will be following this thread. Same problem - 4 sites; (3)BCM50, (1) BCM400.
Echo on PRI- sometimes.
One way transmission 2 out of 3 calls on VOIP-thats for another thread though.

My specific situation is as follows, I have a BCM 400 4.0 using legacy phones 7310's 7324,s, On certian outbound calls on a PRI to specific numbers I get a talk back echo, the problem is specific to certain channels example, Channel 82, I could force a call on the same channel but to a different number I do not get the echo, I have changed the DTM,adjusted the settings on the built in CSU, replaced all cables, added an external CSU (adtran) none of wich made any difference.
I believe it has to do with one of the CO's the the call passes through. The local provider is using an E5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back