Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 and Asterix Box Networking Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMtech38

Programmer
Jan 27, 2008
JM
Hi

I have a BCM 400 rls 4 connected to an asterisk box via sip. I want to rout pstn calls made on the asterisk box via the bcm 400. When I dial from the asterisk box, I see the dnis coming out whit the digits i am sending however the calls are routed to the prime extension. thank in advance to anyone who can tell me where I am going wrong.

PS. extension calls between the two boxes works fine.

I am taking a guess on your setup in the BCM400.. but I would probably look under the remote packages assigned to to SIP trunks on the BCM400. They need to have the line pool/s allowed under remote packages for access. Secondly, the trunks that you are trying to access on the BCM400 need to be T1/PRI only. If you are trying to access Analog trunks it will not work. Nortel states this in their networking guide (kinda hidden though). :)

Bryan J Miles
Systems Engineer
Service Communications, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back