Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

7upp

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
The voice mail and lan port 1 continue to go down. If you cycle power it will come up for 15 or 20 mins. and go back down. I don't see any errors in the error log. I have a red led alarm on the front and a red fan alarm on the front. I replaced the power supply and cabinet fan. I also replaced a 32+ DSM. They have a 16 port station card,DTM and a ASM. I thought possibly one of the cards may be pulling to much power so I plan to swap out the cards. I'm look for additional suggestions if anyone has some.
Thanks in advance!
Don

Personally my first thought would be the HD. I would swap that out with a new one and do a restore from a backup.

I agree with Khosher. Your voicemail resides on the harddrive. Do a full backup asap and find you imaging CDs because you may need them to do a HD replacement. You could always crack open the cabinet and power down and check your connections, but your HD may be going. Normally, they don't give much warning.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I have a spare bcm 400 4.0 Can I pull that HD and install it in the current system and do a restore.I know I will need to transfer my keycodes.

Most likely, you can't because of the System ID...but it's worth a shot. I think telephony data is stored in the pec cards...so it may work.

Write down your info for reprogramming just in case

NCSS NCTS NCTE

The problem was the CPU Fan. Replaced and everything is good. Thanks for the suggestions.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back