Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0 can I do a Feat ** startup without losing keycodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmc334

Technical User
Aug 1, 2015
US
BCM 400 4.0 can I do a Feat ** startup without losing keycodes
I'm replacing a bad BCM with a spare we have that has enough keycodes but still has old programming on it,

My options are to just manually go in and change names programming stc
or
do a starup which is preferable but if I lose my keycodes, I may as well head out of the country

I'm not sure...I'm thinking it would retain it, because the SYS ID doesn't change...but do you still have the keycode sequence that you loaded onto the machine? If you still have that, you should be able to reload it to the box in case it doesn't retain the keycode.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Go to Admin tab and select Backup & Restore.
From there you can choose what to reset by doing a Restore to Factory Default.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

As long as you have a backup from either the original or replacement BCM system, then you can extract the keycode from it via a tool such as WinRAR etc. You need to ook for the licensefile.txt.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back