Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0 BUS CONFLICT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvO1

Programmer
Apr 18, 2003
US
Almost fully loaded system. 2/6 split. Changing system from analog lines to PRI. Removed 2 GATM8's from BUS 4.
Installed DTM on BUS 7. BUS 3-2,3-3 are available. Trying to put a 4x16 on system. Set switches 2,3,6 off to pick up BUS 3-3 for the 4X16 and force the 16 DTM's onto now open BUS 4. I get a conflict and my GASM8's on BUS 3-0, 3-1 go bonkers. Missing something here. System is in use so cannot experiment very much. Where did I go wrong?

MarvO said it

You can't mix Trunks and stations on same bus.3. You can't add the 4x16 unless you say you have bus 4 and 5 open so 4 takes the trunk and 5 the DSM or 5 has another DSM on it.

you can add trunks after the 4x16 is installed on bus 4 with your GATM 8 with offset 1 for bus 4

151-154 for 4x16 trunks
159-162 first half of GATM8
167-179 second half of GATM8

sorry, fat finger on the first reply

167-170 for second half of GATM8

Thank you Cook and ura pirate. I knew about not mixing trunks and stations on the same bus, but under pressure I couldn't see the forest for the trees. went brain dead. I highly dislike the 4x16 because it seems backwards to me with stations being forced to a higher bus than lines. Anyway, I was able to remove some GATM8's from bus 6 and put my GASM8's there. All is well thanks to your input.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back