Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0 BU to USB Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUCHIMAMA

Programmer
Jan 25, 2004
US
Hey folks, Been working on some BCM400's lately and have run into issue not being able to perform Backups on USB drive. We are running the new version of Business ELement Manager. The error we get is "Unable to mount USB Drive" We are also using 4gig thumb drives, which we have used in the past. I am wondering if this is a Business Element Manager issue, Thumb Drive Conflict or Patch Issue.

We have tried other thumb drives but still same error. Some of the BCM's have been patched some have no patches. all with the same error.

Any thoughts.

ITS is saying to Patch, but I do not want to patch a perfectly working system(s) with no other issues at this time. I do not want to add issues by patching.

Support Our Troops

try to pull the version of element manager from the BCM, then try the back up.

Latest SU on the 400 is really stable so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Given that this product has already been MD'd I doubt that we'll be seeing any more updates unless they're for emergency issues.

Might as well have it all up-to-date and see if that fixes thes issue first.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back