Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.7 8X16 AND GATM8

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquename4me

Technical User
Oct 31, 2013
CA
I'm just going back to an install that I fought with the dip switch settings on the modules to get the 12 lines that I had to originally install working.

Now I'm trying to get the other 4 on the end of the GATM8 module working and they are blank without audio?

I read on here that 8x16 didn't come out until 4.0 and so is not supported? I also read others that have a 4x16 and a GATM8 working together? Am I fighting a no-win battle here or do I just need the right dip switch settings? I know about the offsets and I'm going to go back and see if maybe I can change the dip switch and offset settings to perhaps put the GATM8 on the number 2 offset of the 8x16 module.

Also to make these changes easier, I wanted to know if these modules are hot swap-able as some have power down stickers on them and others don't. As an example some DTM modules have stickers and some don't. I think it's he GATM8 module that has the sticker.

Thanks!

In most if not all of the training manuals, it states that any removal or insertion of a BCM module should only be carried out when the system has been powered down.

As for the GATM8 not being supported, this doesn't mean that it wouldn't work. This was the case for me when I had a customer who wanted a I2033 conference phone working on a 3.6 BCM 200, yet it worked fine.

Are all 7 bus areas used up?. I would have thought that it should have worked and that it should just be a case of dip switch settings but I haven't actually done it.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I also think this is a resource issue as David suggested. Check your current resource allocations to see if you have 2 consecutive buses available. The trunk portion of a combo MBM is assigned the lower bus and the station portion is assigned the higher bus. For example, if the dipswitches on the 8x16 are set for bus 6, offset 0, the stations will be assigned to bus 7, offset 0. As far as I know bus 6 could then be shared with a trunk MBM if it is set to bus 6, offset 2.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

All resources are available as I only have the two modules in the unit. I remember playing around with all different settings the first time I was there doing the install, but it seemed that I was getting a buzzing or noise on the trunk ports when I tried different settings to get the two modules working together. Since that time, I had it working with 12 lines but when requested to make the other 4 live for additional lines, the 4 lines wouldn't work. I'm going back to try and see if I can get them both in sync, but I know previously I tried different buses and I did have a chart I was referring to as to dip switch settings. I think I'll try and put the GATM8 on offset 2 and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back