Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.6 with Sonet PRI from CS1000E cant forward externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

np6179

Vendor
Nov 7, 2008
US
I'm having an issue forwarding calls externally. The scenario is that there is an extension (75002) that has target line 344 on it (rcv'd 24410). Extension 75016 also has the same target line on her set. The lady at 75016 wants to forward target line 344 to her cell. Using line redirect lets you forward that target line to 95784184 (her cell) but the call wont go through. It will ring once and then give dead air until it times out. I worked with someone yesterday that had me change the default prefix length under Public DN length from 16 to 8. This let the call forward externally to the cell phone but all users on site could no longer dial anything over 8 digits.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to create a new prefix that will allow her to forward calls. She is using her extension key as the line out in the line redirection. I thought I could program a new destination code of 5 using route 005 which is pointed to the same PRI for all calls to go out as 9+ is, but that doesnt work either. The PRI they use for inbound and outbound comes from a CS1000E and is a Sonet PRI.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. I'm stumped by this one and appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back