Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400-3.6 up-grade to version??(Needs Digital Mobility)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
I have a site with a BCM 400 3.6.
We want to add Digital Mobility for wireless.
According to Nortel we need 3.7-(min) s/ware on the BCM for digital mobility.
What is needed to take them to 3.7?---or should we go to 4.0? 4.5?
Of couse we are looking for the lowest cost on material & labor time!!
How difficult is the up-grade?
Do we need to go to 3.7-then to 4.5?

You can go directly to 4.0 from 3.6 via upgrade kit. Procedure is very simple. Just pop the disks into your PC and follow the instructions. You should run the pre-check tool first on you 3.6 to make sure it's ok for upgrading. If anything fails, follow the reccommendations in the pre check documentation. There are a couple of things that, if they fail, are painful to correct. As for the mobility, cost would be the same whatever release you're on that's supported.

Why would anyone want to upgrade to 3.7? That software will be out of support soon (if not already). If you want to be up on the latest, you can wait another month or so and upgrade your entire system to a 450 Rel 5.0, but that will be costly.

If it were me, I would go for the 4.0 first, then go from there.

I agree as the 3.6 & 3.7 versions were NT4 based and very troublesome!. The 4.0 Linux is much more stable.

I've added an old link below for you to look at.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back