Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 4.0 Upgrade CDR file to big

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmpimp

Technical User
Apr 12, 2004
US
I am having an upgrade that will not get past the health check and is saying the CDR file is over 200mb.

I know thhis happens a lot and I have fixed it in the past but here is the catch.

I have tried to command line into the
Data files/Nortel Networks / Call Detail Recording
I can get all the way to the CDR folder but it says access denied. (why, I have done this before on other boxes)

I even slaved the Hard Drive and tried to access it that way but still get access denied.

I do have the USER name with CDR access.

I am upgrading from 3.6 to 4.0 and this is a BCM 200

Someone else post ed a few weeks ago on this issue, you need to change the log file setting from 400mb to 200mb.

You need to telnet into the machine and look for the CDR files, I believe in the D drive. You need to delete these CDR files.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Ok so, I did that, I have done that before on to ther boxes.

my post is that I cannot access the CDR folder.

The folder that I need to access says Access denied when I telnet into the /Data Files / Nortel Networks / Call Detail Recording

I get all the way to the folder but when I try to open it I get a message saying Access Denied.

I also slaved it on a PC and tried to access it that way and it said Access Denied.

I know how to fix it but I cannot access the Call Detail Recording Folder.

Why is the CDR folder saying access denied?

I tried to push the CDR files via FTP and purge old but the upgrade still says CDR file is over 200mb.

I ran into this so I tried loading svc update 2. Once that was done the upgrade went ahead.

I had a similar problem upgrading from 3.7 to 4.0, and after multiple hours on the phone with Nortel Support level 1, and 2. I was told to run the upgrade anyway. I did and had no problems. My BCM began life as a BCM 1000 2.5. Then I did the upgrade to 3.7, and now it is 4.0. It is much nicer now that it uses element manager.

Call Nortel Support like I did and see what they say?

I think i had this problem before, you need to telnet using the ee_admin account. Let me know if it works for you.

I would like to try to run the upgrade anyway but it will not let me get past the message saying that the CDR file is too big.

Noop, how were you able to "run it anyway"?

gberger, I also have had this problem before and fixed it telnetting in w/ ee_admin log on and fixed .

My problem is that I cannot access the CDR files to delete them.

You need to turn "Share" on for that drive, you have multi drive partions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back