Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 4.0 SRG Networked To M1-Sets caught in a boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo1

Technical User
Dec 19, 2005
CA
Has anyone run into this where an 1140E grabs the latest firmware from the Sig Server operates in Normal mode for about 45sec then reboots then grabs old firmware from the BCM, stays up for 45sec then does it all over again by grabbing firmware from Sig Server.

Basically it gets stuck in a loop. I haven't seen any BCM 4.0 patches for set firmware. Is this a known issue w/ no fix yet?

I have had the same problem and its a known issue with the cs1k/meridian there is a patch for it. Can't remember what patch number it was but if you do a search im sure you will find it.

This sounds like a familiar problem that was patched beteen a year or two ago, I believe if the firmware version on the BCM is greater than the version on the CS1K this can happen if the system is not patched. Don't quote me on this as I vaguely remember the solution. If you can't find the patch I would consider making the IP Set firmware versions on both the SRG and the CS1K the same, this will give the sets less reason to download firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back