Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 4.0 FTP Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedps

Technical User
Jul 25, 2005
US
I'm having trouble getting the ftp backups to work now that I've upgraded to 4.0 from 3.7. The old one I used the following path xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx//bcm/filename. That no longer works because now the OS is linux and it outputs
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/.nortel which doesn't work on a windows ftp server. Is there a way to get the BCM to output in a windows format and not in Linex?

What I do is I this:

FTP Server: <IP address of ftp server>
Username: <Username for the ftp server>
Password: <Password for the ftp server>
Directory: <The directory name/folder name where the backup
will reside>

The directory name will be the directory that will open with your username and password. I always create a folder and name it with the company name. The only problems that I have with this are usually network related.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

I have not used the FTP backup method. Do you need to share the folders or is just the path and password enough to work? I have 30 BCMs and building shared folders is a huge pain.

NARSBARS

I have a network guy looking into this it has to do with the protocol ftp uses. He thinks its about authenticating and he's getting close to making this work I'll post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back