Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.7 upgrade problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleplop

Vendor
May 28, 2003
US
Anyone ever have any problems with a BCM 3.7 upgrade not passing the health check due to the CDR records being to large? I checked solutions on Nortel web site and deleted the file through telnet as per the solution, but I still have the same problem. Any clues anyone??

Teleplop

I remember a couple of threads here from about a year ago on this problem. Do a search using "cdr file and upgrade" in the BCM forum it will pull a few threads on this.

You will need to get the CDR files to under 200mb. And of course Nortel has the setting to automatically not allow CDR records to bypass 400mb..

I gone into DOS on the BCM, found the CDR folder and successfully deleted all CDR Records up to a certain date. Once that is done, the upgrade went like a champ..

Good luck!!

--DB

I'm fairly sure the path is
D:\data files\nortel networks\call detail recording

Do del *.*

You'll get an error that one file could not be deleted because it was in use ... which is fine.
That'll delete all the old CDR records and you'll be ready to rock.

If you're upgrading to 3.7, change the date too or you'll run into the Apache SSL problem. Just type date at the command line and press enter. It'll show the current date and the format required to change the date. Make it 1/1/08 and you'll have no SSL issues.

-SD-

I have performed the above procedures deleting all of the CDR records through telnet, and I am still getting the same error. I downloaded the Pre check tool and the error file shows the same thing.

FAIL: Call Detail Recording check. Existing Call Detail Recording storage exceeds 200 megabytes

I know I deleted the file properly but I still have this issue. Any clues...anyone?

Teleplop

I agree with SupportDude, cleanevents.exe and also try a reboot. If that doesn't fix it, re-imaging the drive and restoring the apps will do it.

Anyone know where this "cleanevents.exe" file is located?

Teleplop

There is an easier way to delete your file. Log into the BCM. Open up Services, then go to Call Detail Recording, then go to Report Options and change CDR Disk Space Limit to 200. I sometimes change it to 150. Then go up to Configuration and on the drop down click on commit. I sometimes wait a couple of hours but this will fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back