Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.7 backup error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
I'm trying to do a backup on a BCM 3.7. For some reason Telephony won't backup. I keep getting this error in the Report.rep file:

Downloading data from media services card. Attempt 2 ...
The 'Backup' of the 'System programming' option has FAILED (Reason: internal error.)
**Error: Telephony backup file d:\Data Files\Nortel Networks\Voice Solution\Backups \Fnvram.new could not be found.
[2:02p 08/05/2007] Stop Telephony

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea how to correct this?"

This was a problem also posted last year by another tek-tips user, however the resolution was not posted. I am having the same problem, tried the reboot and reseat of the MSC to no avail.

Also, the telephony services window would not open up. I rebooted, power down, and then the telephony services became available again. Tried the backup again and the telephony services window would not open up. Seems to be a problem after the reboot.

What Ver of Java are you using?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Have you checked the BFT for the Bad Caps? Green Bad, Blue Good?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hmmmm, no I have not, didn't even think that may be the problem. I will verify and post my findings. Thanks again

If the BFT was bad, you wouldn't be able to connect to it unless you had just rebooted the BCM. Sounds like the problem is with the MSC. I'd try a platform initialization and then attempt the backup again.

When you are in UM and you click on Telephony Services you will see the path listed sometimes this gets changed to e:\ftproot so people can save FNVRAM to the FTP folder. Changed this to the path listed in the error message and that on the tool bar at top of screen click BACKUP (not sure if its backup but if not click through each menu and look for backup now and it will make backup of FNVRAM and save it to this path now the system should be able locate the file who doing backup through BRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back