Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm 3.6 web interface down

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet2469

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I have to use I.E. 7 or lesser to view this thing. Yesterday, I was able to get in but noticed I could not expand the telephony tree. I found the Voice Management Subsystem service was stopped. I restarted it and life was happy until later today, now I can't get in through the web at all. I can SSH and see services but not sure which are impactfull. I compared to a BCM 3.7 we have and the service and web browswer services are down on it as well, but the web gui is running so no idea where to start and if a reboot from SSH may be the best shot. The PBX is in remote location with no tech -savvy users on board.

No Java updates in the meantime? They often break the web interface...

Otherwise try a reboot.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

I plan to do so through SSH,I was in there while following an older thread and thought I was running a report on services but it actually went through a restart and I didn't know how to bail. Was planning on doing a restart through correct main menu option after getting permission tonight- wiai9tng and praying is comes back up.

I use a server that doesn't get updates too much as it needs the stupid old browser, so I don't think it is a java thing - I am able to get to the 3.7 at another location.

i will advise if it comes back up, thanks for the quick reply.

Well it is back up but still inaccessible via web. Is there a guide to the command line stuff I can do?
I am in the "Main Menu" via SSH; I see that opt 8 is "Restart The System" but I think I just did that via the platform initialization menu, and it did not improve things.
Local users confirms all lights are green, no smoke or rats eating hard drives.

apache is down and gives a goofy reply when i try to restart it. "The Data Area Passed to a System Call is Too small.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like a boat load of fun if the hard drive is out - I have a backup but it does show some errors but hopefully can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back