Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.6 Voicemail down and after long power loss forgot how to access vmail on 3.6 couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmc334

Technical User
Aug 1, 2015
US
1- Is the LAN 2 IP 10.10.11.1 ee_admin xxxyyyzzz!
2- I was told to check the services to see if it is running. Not sure where to find this in programming

3- Most difficult question which not many people may know is, if the hard drive needs to be replaced isn't there special information needed so the BCM MSP card knows the new hard drive is legal or whatever. Remember replacing a hard drive last year at a different account and I believe keycodes may have been lost or programming got wiped out...If I do need to replace hard drive, I want to make sure it doesn't cause any of these problems and can just re program vmail.

Summar.....a big Uh Oh help !!!!!

Generally speaking, if you can't ping the BCM or access the voicemail system then it's most likely that the hard disk has failed. The telephony will still keep running in most cases.

What you can do is to access the serial port and see if you can log in that way to find out the LAN ports IP address. Failing that power down the BCM and see if the hard disk can be read on another computer.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back