Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

magg1969

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2009
US
Have a BCM 200 ver 4.0.2.03a with GATM8 and 4 analog lines, with T7316E phones, using f811, also using BCM monitor and see caller id information, need to see caller id on the phone before I pick up that line and not use f811, need a some help!.

Is the Caller ID checkbox checked on the inbound lines? There are two checkboxes, one is called Called ID I believe and the other is VMSG Line.

using bcm element manager went to Telephony->Lines->Active Physical Lines under tab assigned DNs, column Caller Id set is uncheck (cant change the value), column Vmsg set its uncheck (can change the value)

If you are using PRI then you need to go to the TARGET LINE you are using for your receive number.
In there you can tick the CLID box.

please confirm the Caller ID is enabled from the service providers side. If yes you should get the ID after 4 rings.
please confirm Telephony->Lines->Active Physical Lines-> under assigned lines-> Caller Id set is check or not.

Try this at the EXTENSION not the LINE

Go to each DN (5010)etc and select LINE ACCESS
Then were you see the line "appear and ring" you should also see the caller ID tag.
Hopefully this will allow you to check the id box.

curlycord, do I have to delete those lines and add them again? because if it is, I already did that, and didn't change any thing.

I cant change it, even if I delete it and add it again

Maybe the lines are not active....go to Line/Activelines and see whats listed.
If you only have 4 lines then it's odd you would have them as 181,182,183 then 241.
Maybe your active lines are 241, 242, 243 and 244?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Check your Line is set to MANUAL answer.
If its set to AUTO answer then it wont allow you to change CALLER ID box

Went to Telephony->Lines->Active Physical Lines and change it to Auto, then Active Sets and could not change caller id setting

Hey Magg,

Are you at the administator or installer level programming?

I think that the programmer gave you some basic rights to make changes to the BCM... but he did not give you some read/ write capabilities on the BCM.

You stated that you cannot change the Caller ID setting. What all the others here told you will work, I think that You will have to call in the original Programmer to either change you read/write status and request the programmer to make those Caller ID changes for you.

sorry for not replying sooner, had problems with the firewall, had to fix that first; Im from the IT/IS, I use the nnadmin (group->administrator) to log in to the bcm element manager, trying to do it my self, but will take the advice and will call someone to take a look at it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back