Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 Boot up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller3383

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2010
US
I have a BCM 200 that will not boot up. The power, Hard Drive, Temperature and Fan LED's are solid green. All other LED's, the status, MSC,WAN, modem, LAN 1 and LAN 2 LED's are all flashing green. The system boot up process will not progress past this state. All caps seem to be healthy. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

What version is it?. Have you tried connecting to the serial port at 9600 baud and see what messages you get during power up?.

It's probably an old Windows NT at 2.x or 3.x. You may be lucky if it is at 4.0 and see some Linux boot up prompts.

The hard disk tends to suffer bearing in mind the age of the BCM 200. You may need to get a replacement one.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I get nothing out of the serial port!

Another thing you can do is to get hold of a USB to IDE connecter and see if the drive can be viewed. I think the hard disk has failed.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back