Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 3.7 with intermittent Major delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexcomnt

Instructor
Jul 12, 2007
US
For 2 weeks, my BCM 200 3.7 with a combo card has been delaying on the analog phone lines...intermittently. The delay is constant when it happens. It is close to 5 seconds in duration from the time you talk to to the time it is heard. This only happens on outgoing calls and never on incoming calls. A reboot may help it for a little while. What can I look at to further determine the problem? The system has worked for a year without any issues.

Thank you for your help!

Yes. 4x16 Sorry for the confusion. It can happen on all 4 lines or a random of them.

If it's only outbound and it's intermittent, that sounds like the 4X16. Are all your trunking 4 analog lines. Is there another path to the outside world?

Adversity is Opportunity

Actually, only 3 lines are currently attached to it. It is the only way to the outside world. We have not seen it on any incoming calls. 3 standard, analog trunk lines are what we have.

Since it's intermittent, I would see if it's line specific, although I doubt it. You have an open port on the 4X16. Move all your lines down 1 port. Now most of your outgoing calls will be on your unused port. If problem doesn't go away, bad 4X16.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back