Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvantassel

Vendor
Nov 19, 2007
US
Have red power light lit solid and system beeps 3 times every 5 minutes. No raid in system and nothing is being affected. Can anyone tell me what the system is telling me?

From looking at the description above, a solid red light = voltage irregularity or component failure.

The Power LED can indicate RED if the system is in standby mode whereby power is available, but shutdown by the operating system (when UPS) or Overtemp.

LEDs in position 3-8 will flash when the SSM is not communicating (during startup, shutdown or operating system hang).

1 If the base function tray Power LED does not light:
a Disconnect the power cords.
b Check all cables and power connections. Ensure that the ac outlet has power.
c Reconnect the power cords.

2 If the Power LED is red and there is no power, use a paper-clip to select the reset button.
Alternatively power cycle the system to restart.

The beeping may be caused by low voltage on the internal battery on the Motherboard?. I'm not certain at this stage.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back