Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 1000 R4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Technical User
Feb 28, 2005
GB
I was wondering has anyone else experencied this problem. I have a reception handset M7324 and add on modules. The system has 4 I2004 handsets and reception can see when the users is off hook etc. After we upgraded to 4.0 the I2004 handsets installed prior to the upgrade buttons work fine at the reception and can see if they of hook etc as normal, But any new I2004 handsets installed do not show the off hook ,divert functions under the key on the reception handset.

Thanks
Marshall

Mr Marshall,

What sofware release are the M7324 handsets?

Bulletin issued Dec 19th last year regarding M series handsets and version 4.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

We run into this all the time and find that release 14 and higher will work fine with both the BCM 50 and 400,4.0

That release 14 issue doesn't just apply to 4.0 either. I ran into it when I replaced a drive on a 3.6 system. Incredibly, half of the sets that worked fine beforehand all of a sudden had this god awful distorted dial tone and you couldn't even understand anything anyone said over the paging system. Had to replace 10 M7208's.

I will check the release on the phone. It is really strange how it works for the I2004 handsets that where installed before the upgrade but not for any new handsets. I am pretty sure the onsite engineer tested it with T7316e and the fault was still the same. I might have to escalate this one to Nortel. Sorry forgot to mention the system is a BCM 1000. There was an MSC patch that talked about a similar issue on R4.0,I have applied and this has not resolved the problem.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back