Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 1000 Admin Password Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv1112

Vendor
Dec 18, 2008
US
One of my existing customers went out an purchased (at auction) a BCM1000. Now I have been able to go in and see the PBX configuration and that is all good. Here is the problem. The Administration Password...it definately is not default and I need to change it to default. How can I get this done? My customer has a MICS 0X32 now and I am familiar with the BCM50 (have a few out there) but I have no idea how to get this password reset. The PBX is version 4. Thanks for any help you can give me...I dont want to lose a customer and I know if I can get into Admin I can handle the system with no problems.

How'd u get in to view the config if u didn't have the admin pswd?

If this is a Norstar you need to go in thru the RAD to change it. Or go to passwords and change it there.

I've done an faq on the BCM 50 that may be of some help to you. Your BCM query should really be on the BCM Forum.

My advice is to see if you can hook up a monitor & keyboard onto the BCM 1000, along with another computer that is connected to the serial port. Reboot it and you should see if it's a Linux operating system that was released with the version 4 software.

The main thing is to see if you can obtain the site ID. With the site ID, you can hopefully get hold of the keycodes from someone with access to Nortel's site.

This maybe required if you have to reload the software!.
Finally if it's a release 4 system and you have to use the same dick, then a chargeable call to Nortel is needed as they will get you to log in at nnsupport using the site ID.

2 other faqs may be useful to you.

I have the full word doc copy with pictures, but it maybe hard to contact me as we can't leave any email address's here.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back