Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 1000 3.6 Door Phone recognition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

176jeff

Technical User
Feb 21, 2006
US
I followed the instructions exactly and still can't get the bcm to see the door phone. Anybody got a clue ? 176jeff

Yes , it was previously on a CICS and worked fine. I looked for a version mandate on the BCM Docs and found none.

I have only found that the doorphone on a MICS and CICS will not work on a BCM. I am experiencing the same problem now on a BCM50.

You'll need the BST doorphone, and the BCM needs to be at release 3.6. Check the BST Doorphone installation and configuration guide on the 3.6/3.7 documentation CD's.

The "old" doorphones won't work on a BCM.

What biv343 said is true, they must be BST doorphones. Just to add one quick note is that once the doorphones are connected, you must reboot the BCM to ensure that the BCM recognizes them.

Good Luck

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

Good punch line skippy440 ...
I get proof of that every day (if not every hour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back