Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCB 5.0 to BCB 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmsamcfe

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
GB
I have a project written in BCB5 that i need to integrate into an older project written in BCB4

When i try to open my BCB5 project, I get a "Project Rule not found error" and the project won't open. Why does this error occur? Does this mean I have to write out my code from scratch in BCB 4?

Thanks

It's been awhile since I've used BCB5 so this may or may not work. (My memory isn't what it used to be). First, make sure you have a good copy of your project. Next delete all *.obj, all *.~*, all *.res, and all *.tds. (BCB4 may not use these so they may not have been created). Finally open your project in BCB5. It should say the rule doesn't exist and ask if it should recreate it.

If all else fails, look at BCB5 help files. One should say "What's new" and it may describe this very problem.

James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

As i understand it you're using BCB4 and not BCB5 but why???

I understand that there could be differences but in my opinion it would be far mor easy to move the BCB4 project to BCB5 than the other way round.

I would suggest to open the old project without any add-on in BCB5 and make the nessecary adjustments to make it compile. After that is done you can add the other project.

Totte

Opps! I just realized that you want to go backwards so what I wrote is not valid!

James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back