Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCA User 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbomrrsm

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
GB
I am trying to get the results of a Business Objects report (.rep) file to save as text to a server location.

The task keeps on failing I think due to the permissions on the folder where the BCA is trying to write the file to.

The folder has been set to allow BOADMIN account access to write files to the location but this isnt working- does BCA run the reports under a different user name ?

Version 6.5.1

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

dbomrrsm,

You need to fix this at the server level. The BCA services run under a certain server account and that one needs to have writing priviliges to a remote server.
So, priviliges in this case are not within BO itself ,but with the account where BCA services are running under.

Ties Blom

blom

I appreciate that this needs fixing at the server level - I assume I need to establish what account the BCA services are running under - do you know an easy way to find this out ?

TIA

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

Yes, that is quite straightforward. You need to open up services on the server and then you get the full list of running services:

Control panel --> administrative tools --> Services.

The GUI shows the 'log on as' as the last column.

Ties Blom

blom

Thanks very much.

dbomrrsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back