Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BC12 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IODDP

Technical User
May 28, 2003
AU
When is BC12 going to be released

Some customers are being upgraded at the moment as test/reference sites. Not sure when the full release is.

Next week our house exchange is going into alpha phase. beta phase (customers) will start beginning of august.
Field trial phase normally ends at the beginning of september.
so I would expect a release mid september/begin october (if all goes well offcourse [spineyes])

for the ones waiting for BC12, here's a small list concerning capacity enhancements over BC11 (still prerelease though so this list is not final :) )

"This clause lists the capacity changes and new limitations in ASB 501 04 R11 compared to R8.
Some of the figures are approximate, and configuration dependent.
1 One welcome announcement will be provided per individual.
2 One continuous announcement will be provided per individual.
3 One vocal guidance announcement will be provided per VOG traffic case.
4 The maximum number of members in a Common Bell group is increased from 30 to 150.
5 The maximum number of members in a Hunt group is increased from 75 to 160.
6 The maximum number of overflow attempts for an ANCD group is increased from 4 to 8.
7 The connected number in call logging is extended from ten to twenty digits in order to take
care of network cases for flexible formats.
8 Increase the number of MDN buttons that canexist on digital telephone set from 30 to 40.
9 The DTMF tone sender level is changed from -12dBr to -9dBr for analogue trunks using
TLU75(loop trunk) board.
10 The ring signal for operator console OPI 3213 is increased from -27dB to -12dB. (for AS
Nordic)
11 The PABX Operator can activate more than one camp-on to the busy extension.
12 The range of common operator queue length is modified from 99-255 to 1-255.
13 The attenuation for Call Waiting tone is increased from -2dB to -6dB. (for AS Spain)"

cheers!

What means:

1) Can every agent now have its own welcomemessage?
6) Overflowattempts from ANCD-group? What is it? Normally ANCD-grp has cdini. Does it mean: from ANCD-Group to the next ANCD-grp?

Is Tandem-function realised in BC12?

lalrl :
1 means every EXTENSION can have its own welcome announcement.
6 is not clear to me, I don't have any ANCD experience, maybe someone else can explain this... :)

duvel :

this is a list with capacity enhancements, not new features.
as far as I know ITG is for BC11 and replaced by ELU32 IP trunking in BC12...

I think 6 means when the ANCD groups are in different nodes. Then the CDINI is a common abb number dialling through the PRA towards the other ANCD group.
There could be some errors with the PRA I guess....hence the need for more attempts.

just keeping the topic active [spin]
i'm sure that there are people that want to have more information about BC12. (ask some questions and I will ***TRY*** to answer them)

[cannon][flip]

Hi

I have a few questions about BC12

How many user accounts can be initiated (is it still 64?)
Is it possible to authenticate onto the MD110 via radius or a similar system.
Will DNA 5 have a service pack to enable it to work with BC12 ir will there be a new release coming out.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi, detailed info regarding NIU2 would be appreciated. I am still awaiting arrival of same and info in ALEX is scant.
How does it compare to NIU & HDU combination?
Is it reliable or will we have to wait on SP1000 to iron out the bugs?
Will it be possible to take the bus to sites with the systems in my shirt pocket? :)

Hi, (still sleeping) [morning]

in reply to affy :
"How many user accounts can be initiated (is it still 64?)"
There's no indication that this has been changed
"Is it possible to authenticate onto the MD110 via radius or a similar system."
not that i'm aware off, but since BC10 you can initiate PPP sessions via NIU or you can use a third party solution like TRACKER
"Will DNA 5 have a service pack to enable it to work with BC12 will there be a new release coming out."
BC12 will only work with DNA5.1, we received it last week and it is now in field trial.

in reply to m110d :
"Hi, detailed info regarding NIU2 would be appreciated.How does it compare to NIU & HDU combination?"
NIU2 is released with BC11SP12 and works only with flash disk and/or HD7/1 (ATA) or 2 HDU7/1 without compact flash
if you want more info about NIU2, you can find it in BC11SP12 reference library.
"Is it reliable or will we have to wait on SP1000 to iron out the bugs?"
from what we've seen it seems stable, but only time will tell :)
"Will it be possible to take the bus to sites with the systems in my shirt pocket?"
if you like to, yes (if the customer already has NIU2 offcourse ;-) )

and yes, lancbomb, BC12 really WORKS (but still a lot off bugs [spin])

Hi all ;

Can a BC12 MD handle more calls than a BC10 MD in means of call switching capacity ? I mean if I upgrade it from BC10 to 12 will I be able to switch more calls in unit of time ? And will we able to do Voýp trunking between two MD nodes ? What will be the compression algorithm/ratio ? Will we be able to initiate H.323 extension and if so will h.323 extensions be able to be an ACD extension and talke callas like a remote/ home agent ??

thanks in advance...

Switching capacity has not been changed since the hardware has not changed (LPU,LSU,DSU)
Voip trunking will be possible via ELU32 ((new revision)
codec info from ALEX :

"The signal processor in the ELU32 board is able to run:
Codecs to encode and decode speech according to the following ITU-T Recommendations: G.723.1, G.729 Annex A, G.711 A-law 64 kbit/s and G.711 µ-law 64 kbit/s. The G723.1 codec includes a voice activity detector and a comfort noise generator to improve the performance of the packet transmitted over the LAN and the receiver's feeling on the voice.
An echo canceller that fulfils the G.165 and G.168 ITU-T Recommendations. "

H323 communication is already possible from BC11. ACD is a no go since you can't initiate ADN's on an IP extension.

greetings,

Just one thing about IP . We have IP trunking which is VoIP between MD110:s and we have IP extensions which is VoIP within one MD110 only .
ELU32 is an IP extension board supporting H.323 clients.

To obtain IP trunking this can be done in BC9 , BC10 and BC11 but you need the WEBSWITCH2000. In BC11 SP12 WEBSWITCH2000 is included as a board in the MD110, (ITG)
In all these setups you still need TLU76/1 .

In BC12 TLU76/1 , WEBSWITCH2000 and ITG is all-in-one .

This is at least what I have been told.

Someone correct me if this is wrong ....

Good , so ELU32/2 is a new board then in SP12 ?
Will this board both handle IP extensions and IP trunking ?

With ELU32/2 , do you still need TLU76/1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back