Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BC11 vs MD110 Mini (LBP18 & LBP19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GioBs

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
IT
Is there any reason for not upgrading MD110 Mini to BC11?

I ask this because our local Damovo says that this upgrading involves changing Mini to stackable (LBP20)(?!)

I've read Alex (upgrading) and I've not found anything of similar that can justify the assertion.

Thanks

GioBs

Mini can be upgraded to BC11 no problem. I have done this already with the same LBP19 (MAG 0) and LBP18 (MAG 1,2&3).
It would be better to change to a stackable LIM if you can afford it though.

Hi,

Before considering the upgrade you meay ask yourself the following question:
Do i need a stackable MD110 (are there problems at this time wich will be over in BC11)
BC11 is an expensive upgrade, and if the upgrade will not give direct revenue in order of facilities you need my idea is to wait. Probably wrong question but why don't you ask a price for a complete new PBX (same config as you have now) only not a MD110 but lets say an Avaya and compare that with the price of the upgrade.....
Good luck with your decision.

Yes. I think all LBP's that have LPU position can be used. I know sites with LBP3 in 90 cabinet running BC11 and this is a wired backplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back