Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BB password length

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPJeffery

Technical User
May 26, 2006
GB
Hi

New Bold deployed to a new user. Defaulted to a test policy which sets a minimum password length of 6 characters. Our standard (should be default) policy states a length of 4.

So I took the user out ofthe incorrect policy, put them in the correct policy and resent the policy out to the device.

Despite this I still can't change the password from the current 6 character password to 4.

What gives?

JJ
[small][purple]Variables won't. Constants aren't[/purple]
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, or photo, or breakfast...and so on)[/small]

Well, I did a device password reset from the web interface which has set it back to a 4-character password but I'd still like to know why I couldn't do it from the device.

JJ
[small][purple]Variables won't. Constants aren't[/purple]
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, or photo, or breakfast...and so on)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back