Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BayStacks 350 10/100 Switch/ Password Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim47

Technical User
Jan 27, 2009
US
BayStacks 350 10/100 Switch/ Password Locked. I have read the manual and i don't see any way to reset to a default. Does anyone have a clue. Thanks

Here's the list of options that jimbopalmer often posts for these kind of questions, collected from previous posts. Note that some of these will erase the current config. If this was a stackable switch you could have also tried inserting this switch as a non-master member of a good stack.

"this works on early 350s and 450s
Try This,
Power off , wait about 30 seconds, Power on...
Within 15 seconds type : NetICs<cr>
You will then be in enable mode... You should be able to retrieve the password from the security menu.

(that is an eye in NetICs not an ell)

The "new" versions I believe require the same thing as the 350 switches, which is call tech support and give them your MAC address for them to create a password. Oddly it may be cheaper to get support than to get a password outside of support.

"Putting the problem switch in a stack will not work either if the firmware and software are not the same. The only way that I found, was to contact Nortel. The first person you get to tells you that it will be $300.00 an hour with a 2-hour minimum. DON'T DO IT. Ask them to transfer you to contracts and believe it or not you can get support on your switch (unlimited phone, and software upgrades) for only $50.00. I could not believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back