Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Baystack 5520 - Password Recovery FW 5.0.0.4 SW v5.1.0.015

Status
Not open for further replies.

babytech2009

Technical User
Apr 22, 2009
US
Hello,

I have recently had to update the passwords on all of our devices per our requirements.
The information was lost on what they were changed to, how would I be able
to change them without losing the configuration on the 5520 Baystack unit?

I have a Baystack 5520-48T PWR
HW33
FW:5.0.0.4
SW:v5.1.0.015 BN:15

I searched old posts, but only saw for 450 and 350.

Thank you in advance.

If you have a backed up config with the old passwords you can push it back on the switch. If not then the only other way is to factory default the switch at boot up.

How long would it take to rebuild once factory reset? Since password recovery is not an option.

babytech2009 said:
How long would it take to rebuild once factory reset?

that depends how much programming you have in the switch, how many VLAN's, specially programmed ports, routing etc. nobody can really tell you. But if you default it make sure you have al the programming and routing information to reprogram it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back